Homemade French Crepes / Basic Crepe Recipe
September 29, 2020
A crêpe or crepe is a type of very thin pancake, originated from France. They are larger, thinner, and more delicate or fragile than pancakes. They also taste very much like pancakes, but very thin not fluffy. Crêpes are usually of two types, sweet crêpes, and savory crepes. Sweet Crepes serves as a Breakfast as well as dessert with sugar, cream or ice cream, Nutella, chocolate syrup, and fruits, etc. Savory crepes can be filled with savory fillings like ham, cheese, bacon, eggs, vegetables, meat, etc. it is a perfect meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Today I am sharing with you a homemade french crepe recipe with fresh sweet mango and ice cream, which is my family’s all-time favorite dessert.
Ingredients for Basic Crepe
- Plain Flour/Maida
- 1 Cup
- 1 Tablespoon
- 1/4 Teaspoon
- Fresh Full Cream Milk
- 1 + 1/4 Cup
- 2 medium-size
- Melted Butter
- 2 tbs for batter + 1 tbsp for greasing
How to make Homemade French Crepes / Basic Crepe Recipe
1. Measure and arrange ingredients for Crepe.
2. In a mixing bowl, place dry ingredients (1 cup plain flour, 1 tbsp sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt), combine well. Keep aside.
3. In another mixing bowl place 2 eggs, 1 + 1/4 cup fresh milk, 2 tbsp melted butter. Whisk/mix well, keep aside.
4. Pour the wet ingredients (small portions) into the dry ingredients bowl and mix/whisk the batter gently.
5. Whisk continuously and a Make smooth, thin batter.
6. Heat a flat round frying pan/crepe pan over medium heat.
7. Grease the pan with some melted butter.
8. Pour 2 full scoops of batter and with the help of a ladle or a spreader, spread the batter evenly in the pan and make a thin and round pancake.
9. Cook the crepe in medium heat around 1 minute. Then flip it with the help of a spatula and your hand (refer video). Cook the other side too around 1 minute.
10. Once ready, take the crepe out of the pan, and repeat the process until your crape batter finishes. Serve Crepe as a dessert with your desirable fruits and cream and syrup. enjoy.