Pacha Moru / Sambaram/ Morum Vellam (Spiced Buttermilk)
February 19, 2018
Pachamoru / Sambharam/ Morum Vellam (Spiced Buttermilk/Thinned Yogurt) is a thirst quenching traditional drink from South India. It is very healthy and refreshing homemade drink for hot sunny days and summer. It is very cool and energetic drink because of its healthy ingredients. It is a combination of yogurt, ginger, green chilli, shallots and curry leaves.It is an indispensable dish of Onam/Vishu Sadya, Kerala vegetarian feasts. During the sadya time, sambaram is served at the end of the meal in order to help easy digestion of the heavy meal. Also you can see in kerala, every restaurants/hotels serve this spiced buttermilk as a side dish with lunch meal set.
Ingredients For Pacha Moru / Sambaram/ Morum Vellam (Spiced Buttermilk)
- Thick Yogurt (Katti Thayiru)
- 2 Cups
- Green Chilly(Pacha Mulaku)
- 2 or 3(Chopped)
- 2 (Chopped)
- Ginger (Inji)
- Small Piece (Chopped)
- Curry Leaves
- 1 Cup (Adjust)
- To taste
1. Arrange ingredients for sambharam.
2. Place chopped ginger, onion, green chilli and curry leaves in a wide vessel.
3. Add Yogurt and salt to taste, Mix well.
4. Add water and combine well.
5. Serve immediately as a chilled thirst quenching drink.
6. Or as a side dish! Enjoy!