Raisin Bun Recipe (Homemade Soft Bun)
February 25, 2018
Raisin Bun is a tasty, sweet and soft homemade bun recipe. It is a good tea time or breakfast snack for kids as well as adults.
Ingredients For Raisin Bun
- All Purpose Flour
- 600 Gram
- Unsalted Butter(Room Temperature)
- 50 Gram
- Powdered Sugar
- 120 Gram
- cinnamon Powder
- 1 teaspoon
- Whole Egg
- 1 (Beaten)
- Warm Milk
- 280 ml
- 150 Gram
- Orange Marmalade Jam
- 1 Tablespoon
- ¾ Teaspoon
- Active Yeast
- 1 ½ to 2 Teaspoon
- For Greasing
- Egg White
- From 1 Egg (Glazing Buns)
- All Purpose Flour (Extra)
- Dusting Purpose
1. Dilute yeast in warm milk, keep aside for rising.
2. Sift and combine flour, cinnamon powder, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
3. Stir and combine Yeast mixture, butter, beaten egg and orange jam into the flour.
4. Make a dough form.
5. When it is soft and sticky,
6. Add raisins, mix well and make a big dough ball.
7. Sprinkle some flour onto a clean and strong table or work surface. Place the dough and knead lightly with your hands for 5 to 10 minutes or until it turns smooth and elastic.
8. Place the dough in butter greased big bowl and cover with a clean towel. keep aside on a warm place for (approximately 1.30 to 2 hours) rising.
9. When it is raised well, place it into a lightly floured surface. Make and shape 12 small balls. Place and set the balls into a butter greased baking tray/trays. Preheat the oven to 240c/475f/Gas 8. (Temperature may vary according to oven). Place the trays in the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
10. Remove the buns from oven and brush egg white over it for glazing. Place the buns again in the oven and bake few more minutes, watch it.
11. When the buns tops look golden in color, remove from the oven and let it to cool.
12. Serve yummy homemade soft buns with coffee or tea and enjoy!