Kerala, KERALA DISHES, Kerala Recipes, Kids Recipes, Party Recipes, Snacks, South India, SPECIAL RECIPES, Sweet Snacks, Teashop Delicacies, Uncategorized, Vegetarian
Pazhampori/ Ethakkappam/ Vazhakkappam (Kerala Banana/plantain Fritter)
March 1, 2018
Pazhampori/ Ethakkappam/ Vazhakkappam (Kerala Banana/plantain Fritter) is an all time favorite snack of malayalees/Keralites. It is a traditional evening snack (nalumani palaharam) for keralites. In kerala you can see this typical snack in every restaurant, roadside tea shop (chayakkada or thattukada), train, school, college. hospital and office canteens etc. It is very easy to prepare snack but For delicious pazhampori we need ripe (not over ripe) and sweet Kerala banana/plantain (Ethapazham/ Nenthrapazham). It is a good snack for kids because the kerala banana contains lots of nutritional values.
Tea Time Snack/ Sweet Snack/ Kerala / South India
10 to 15 Minutes
Ingredients For Pazhampori/ Ethakkappam/ Vazhakkappam (Kerala Banana/plantain Fritter)
- Kerala Banana/Ethapazham
- 4 Medium
- Plain Flour/Maida
- 1 Cup
- Rice Flour/Ari podi
- 2 Tablespoon
- 2 tablespoon (adjust)
- Baking Soda/Sodapodi
- A pinch(Optional)
- A Pinch
- 1.5 Cup (approximately)
1. Choose ripe and sweet Kerala banana/plantain.
2. In a wide bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda (optional). Mix gently.
3. Add water slowly and mix altogether without lumps.
4. Make thick but soft batter like above picture. Keep aside 10 minutes
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Meanwhile peel banana, split into two or as you like. Dip in the batter (make sure both sides well coated with batter).
6. Place it in the hot oil and fry in a medium heat.
7. One side is done, flip it.
8. When both sides are golden brown, remove from the oil and drain.
10. Serve hot with tea or coffee, enjoy!