Okra (Ladies Finger) Pepper Fry Indian Recipe/ Vendakka Pepper (Kurumullaku) Fry
March 9, 2018
Okra/Ladies Finger/ Vendakkai or Vendakka/ Bindi has lots of nutritions. It contains potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C, folic acid, and calcium. It is low in calories and has a high dietary fiber content. It’s good for easy digestion, vision, skin and bones. It prevents certain cancer, improves heart health, balances cholesterol levels, immune system, lowers blood pressure etc. So okra is a very healthy vegetable try to add more okra recipes in your daily menus. Okra/vendakka/bhindi place an important part in Indian cooking. Okra (Ladies Finger) Pepper Fry is a tasty Indian style vegetarian side dish with rice or chapati.
Ingredients For Okra/Ladies Finger/Vendakka Pepper Fry
- Okra/vendakka/Ladies Finger
- 20 to 25 Numbers
- Coconut Oil/Any Veg Oil
- 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds(kaduku)
- ½ Teaspoon
- 1 Big Onion/Savola
- Sliced Thinly
- Curry leaves
- 1 Sprig
- Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon
- To taste
How to make Okra/Vendakka Pepper Fry with step by step method pictures.
1. Wash and dry okra/ladies (try to choose young okra/vendakka).
2. Cut okra thinly and lengthwise. Make sure that okra’s are completely dry before cutting otherwise it becomes mushy during cooking.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan, pop mustard. Add onion and curry leaves.
4. Fry until light brown.
5. Add okra/ladies finger. Sauté and fry next 4 to 5 minutes or until all water is observe from okra.
6. Crush Black Pepper.
7. Sprinkle crushed pepper on okra.
8. Add Salt to taste.
9. Mix and stir next 2 minutes.
10. Cover and cook okra next 2 minutes (medium heat) in order for pepper and salt well combine with okra.
11. Uncover, spread out the okra’s in the pan and fry until it looks very dry in texture or light brown in colour.
12. Serve with rice or chappathi, enjoy!